Monday, April 21, 2008

I'm back!

If anyone is still popping in here from time to time, just wanted to let you know I am finally back! I've been trading around a core set of Google shares, and as you know last Friday finally gave me the bump back up I've been looking for. This gave my day trading account the boost it needed to be able to make intra day trades again.

By my stock traders Almanac, April is the month to buy the tech and health care sectors. July is supposed to be when they peak. I am currently holding shares of Google (GOOG) and Biogen Idec Inc (BIIB) in these two sectors. Both were purchased in February, so I actually got in a little early, but I'm seeing some small gains in both already.

As I type, Google has managed to hold it's 530 support this morning, and is tickling that 540 number again. If it can break through 540 the next resistance looks like it should be at 570....and there went 540.

I've also been trading around a core group of ESLR shares. It looks like it is attempting to form and inverted head and shoulders pattern, which could see it back up at it's 19.00 a share high. I'm currently averaged in at 9.00 on that stock.

The big story from my watch list has been POT though, with about 50% gain since February. Unfortunately I am not in. No resistance, hit a 52 week high today. Will it continue it's run, or correct? I'm not sure enough one way or the other to get in today.

It feels good to be getting my feet wet again, but I suspect I will be wading in to this market cautiously.

Always perform your own due diligence before making any investment.

No comments: