Thursday, February 28, 2008

Off Topic Bathroom Remodel Part 2

The last post was getting a little long, so I decided to start a second part. It looks like the remodel should be done sometime next week.

Paint and cabinetry happened today.

So, a little about this custom cabinet.

Here it is in place, except for the shelves. Now that i see the cabinets, it is obvious that the door he chose is perfect.


The only thing different than what I wanted was that the upper shelves on the two sides of the cabinet do not have doors. I can always add them later though if I decide.

This next picture shows one of my requested features. Since we will have a pedestal sink, I wanted a shelf that pulled out to serve as a faux counter top for us to use when we get ready. A plug was added just above this pull out shelf inside the cabinet so that we could have our toothbrushes charging inside there.

I'm totally loving that red wall!

The middle cabinet has a long cupboard, and is a bit deeper than the two side cabinets. It will be used for storing paper products at the bottom, and hanging our bathrobes out of sight. Once the shelves are in place, the ones on the right side will house rolled up towels. The shower door will open towards the cabinet so that we can just open it, reach over and grab a towel.

Both the right and left cabinets have pull out hampers as seen in this picture. Once the entire bathroom is in, I may decide to switch one of them out for a garbage can. I like the idea of having that hidden away instead of sitting out in the open.
From the sounds of it, there will not be any more work done before Monday. I'm thrilled with the way things are shaping up!

March 9, 2008

The project is closing in on completion. Here is a panoramic tour of where we are at today.



Always perform your own due diligence before making any investment.

No comments: