Monday, November 19, 2007

DOW closes below 13K for the first time since August

The market continues it's downward spiral, and my account continues to follow suit. I've lost all hope of recovering to even by the end of the month, and at this point will be happy to not bust out. I ended today back at the level I was last Monday. The best that I can hope for at this point, is a modest rebound similar to what occurred last Tuesday.

My big surprise for today was HTE's break down to under $23.00. I really thought it had hit bottom. My 401K cash out still has not occurred, which is a mixed blessing at this point. Since the market is down, so is my account, so cashing out now will give me less cash to fund my Rollover IRA with, however with the market hitting new lows, there are also some excellent buying opportunities, such as HTE.

PCU tested 101 a couple of times today, to finish just above at 102. It did reach the lowest levels it has seen since mid August, however, so it's hard to tell if the ride down is finished. IF it breaks through 101, the next support level is 95.

High volatility on low trading is blamed somewhat on Thanksgiving. Each day shows me how much I still have to learn. I really felt that this would be an up week coming off of options expiration. In fact, I purchased a bucket full of what I thought were cheap calls last week, to find find them crushed today. Lesson learned again there.

All I can say is that if I can survive this next few weeks, this costly education may pay off. I just hope I have a "chip and a chair" when this volatile DOW finally settles down.

Always perform your own due diligence before making any investment.

No comments: